Experience-Interaction is looking for a Director of Technology to join our leadership team, overseeing technology solutions and web development within the agency.
You must be a highly skilled and knowledgeable web developer who is ready to flex your leadership skills. We expect our Director of Tech to be comfortable presenting to clients, recommending technology solutions and processes, and leading project teams through to the successful delivery of work. You will have direct responsibility over our growing development team, and will work closely with the head of Production, Creative, and our executive team to manage and dictate the direction of our technical department as a whole.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and delivery of technology solutions and web development
- Coach the development team into a high-performing delivery machine
- Research and integrate beneficial development tools and processes into our internal workflows
- Ensure that our repertoire of client websites (both new and old) are optimally performant, beautiful, and functional
- Prioritize project and maintenance tasks in order to be efficient and smooth in execution
- Report directly to the CEO and co-founders of the company to make technical decisions and recommendations
- Write clean, well-documented code as needed
- At least five years experience managing a team (in both an operational and project-based capacity)
- Deep technical knowledge of web architecture, server configurations, deployment processes, and programming concepts/structures
- Ability to talk through and explain technical concepts in a way that can be easily digested by non-technical team members
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- Strong time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Proficiency with multiple backend web languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Ruby)
- In-depth knowledge of relational/non-relational databases
- Experience with a CMS a plus (e.g. WordPress, Shopify, Drupal)
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks a plus (e.g. React, Angular, Vue)
- Good vibes
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to meet. Send us your resume and a short message to get things started.