The Director of Finance & Operations will work closely with the CEO to manage the day to day Accounting, Finances & Operations of the agency and assist building infrastructure to sustain long-term growth. The position will be responsible for implementing best practices and business strategies that are aligned with our mission and vision.
We are a fast-growing business who is looking for a Director of Finance & Operations who can wear many hats, has strong skills across accounting, finance, business operations and has the entrepreneurial spirit!
Accounting & Finance
- All aspects of General Accounting, to include monthly reconciliations & close process, AR/AP
- Monitor billability of the agency
- Work with outside Counsel
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Annual budget
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Develop Electronic filing systems to manage all contract & documents
- Monthly Reporting
- Develop an Executive Monthly reporting package based on the key metrics of the business
- Actual vs. budget vs. forecast
- Profitability & EBITDA targets
- Client profitability
- Compensation to Revenue
- Lead all financial planning efforts
- Support the Executive team with implementation of business strategies & procedures
- Process & Manage payroll and benefits
- Benefits renewals
- Employee Relations
- General Office
- 10+ years of finance/Accounting or Controller experience in an agency
- Must have excellent presentations and communication abilities
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks
- Must have leadership experience
- Detail oriented
- The ability to collaborate across internal teams and clients
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding large teams (10+).
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
- Must have project management skills
- Must have a project solver mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MBA is a plus