Experience-Interaction is looking for an Account Director to be a key account team leader and client relationship lead for all account activity.
This position requires proven success in building trusting client relationships, delivering excellent client service, and directing internal teams to execute projects. Leadership, excellent communication and experience managing cross-functional teams within an agency environment are essential to this role.
- Possess a clear understanding of client challenges, goals, and their business.
- Synthesize client needs and feed relevant information to the right team members.
- Be a trusted client partner. Foster open communication, genuinely look out for client interests and build relationships with them.
- Lead communication with clients and agency partners. Know when to pull in and empower team members to leverage their area of expertise.
- Have a pulse on the account. Identify and act on areas of opportunity, and raise a flag if we need to course-correct.
- Be committed to the highest standards. Ensure we are delivering on what we promise, applying a critical lens to our work, and adding value whenever possible.
- Own, manage and execute annual budgets, tracking spend and burn throughout the year.
Strategic Thinking and Planning
- Provide strategic guidance to clients.
- Continuously foster strategic thinking and planning across agency teams.
- Stay on top of cross-disciplinary best practices and innovations.
- Pursue and manage new business opportunities from lead to close within existing accounts.
- Own the new project onboarding process.
- Brief Producers on the scope of work for budget/timing estimates and SOW creation.
- Develop recommendations to optimize our client services offering.
- Motivate the team to listen to our clients and understand their needs.
- Empower team members to execute work to high standards in each of their areas of expertise.
- 7+ years experience at a digital or creative agency with at least 2 years serving as the client lead.
- Proven expertise in brand strategy in the digital space and an understanding how it integrates with all marketing initiatives.
- Confident communicator, presenter and writer.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to manage multiple work tracks concurrently, presenting analysis and insights to management, and collaborating cross-functionally.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to meet. Send us your resume and a short message to get things started.